August 28, 2007

Badonkadonk Butt

Bookmark and Share

A word like "badonkadonk" doesn't come around that often. But thanks to my keen friends, I have increased my vocabulary by one. "Badonkadonk" shows up in this snarky commercial for Subway.

[According to Wikipedia, badonkadonk (sometimes pronounced "badunkadunk") is a slang term for a woman's buttocks that are voluptuously large and firm. Women who possess this feature have a small waist that flares dramatically into round, peach-shaped buttocks with deep cleavage.]

Any advertisement that pokes fun at the American Diet is a winner to me.

And yes, I realize this is an old commercial. But that is *my* behind-the-times issue, not my pals'. Besides, I think my badonkadonk butt looks great in my pegged leg jeans.


3 comments:

Alotta Errata said...

Ah yes, the badonkadonk. Trace Adkins even has a song about it... here is the second verse:

Now Honey, you can't blame her
For what her mama gave her
You ain't gotta hate her
For workin' that money-maker
Band shuts down at two
But we're hangin' out till three
We hate to see her go
But love to watch her leave
With that honky tonk badonkadonk
Keepin' perfect rhythm
Make ya wanna swing along
Got it goin' on
Like Donkey Kong
And whoo-wee
Shut my mouth, slap your grandma
There outta be a law
Get the Sheriff on the phone
Lord have mercy, how's she even get them britches on
With that honky tonk badonkadonk

Genevieve said...

It's definitely a new word to me. I think I'll ask my 18-year-old son if he's ever heard it.

Sarah said...

Ok, seriously, I realize I'm WAY behind if I'm catching this a month late, but I have laughed -- VERY LOUDLY -- for 10 minutes with laugh-tears running down my eyes! I laughed first at the word itself in your title, then at the commercial, then at the comments -- oy vey! I can hardly see to type!!!
I'm pretty sure mine's a badonkathunk now that I have children, but I'm very glad to know *exactly* what it used to be!